Javascript Classes

While demoing the Interactive Computer Musuem over the open house this past weekend. There was a lot of demand for node js and C++ classes at DMS. While I have been planning to present some C/Assemble stuff as part of the effort to turn the VCC SIG into a full committee. The demand for modern programming laguages and that the infrastructure is already in place for node.js has me bringing the sessions for Freecodecamp will back for the Autumn Season this weekend. Followed up with a Tues. Thursday schedule for class time calendar permitted doing October.

Please review the Course Wiki Article and sign up using the callendar event once it gets posted.

2 Likes

This would fit nicely into Digital Media as programming is one of our topics.

Digital media is more than welcome to contribute and collaborate as seen fit.

I would love to hear some class ideas and hopefully together we can get a lot of word out about the classes.

any way to have the class on Sun, Mon or Tuesday? I cannot attend Thursday classes.

Check the calendar, they’re up for Tuesday and Thursdays. However it is advised to attend both nights as we’ll be covering a lot of subjects doing each class. If there is any lecture time one has to miss then attendees can collaborate doing the FreeCodeCamp study group.

I have actually started throwing together some slides and code for a node.js intro, if there is demand once I get it sorted and tested I can do a class or 3.

3 Likes

I’d be interested. 123456

2 Likes

Awesome, feel free to PM as well with topics you think dev classes on would be awesome. Honestly, it helps me professionally as well to think about this stuff.

1 Like

Hi Karl,

Thanks for stepping up to teach a few dev courses. I’ve put my course on hold during the holidays so I greatly appreciate it when someone volunteers to teach.

The feedback I’ve been getting is there’s a demand for BASIC, Ansi-C/Golang, Python and maybe Node/JS to the lesser degree. Allan has been covering basic Python lately and Lisa has been working on the intro level for BASIC. My next course is going to be on Go and ASM so if you’re picking up the slack on Node and/or JS then the space will be well covered for programming.

Overall when I had my javascript classes going the feedback was that most people either understand the basics and are looking to polish out their intermediate level or either have no concept of OOP, Coding Methodologies, and basic programming concepts. So i suggest keeping that in mind as you create your course material.

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely keep that in mind. Luckily @Dianna is learning this stuff as well and trying to transition into a dev career, so I am using her to test my material on.

1 Like