January Computer Committee Meeting

1 Like

Go for it, thereā€™s plenty of atomic noogies waiting for you when you do :wink:

Nice but does it make sense for the teacher to be facing away from the class?

Wouldnā€™t people just move things around so the are facing the teacher?

If you want to provide an alternate layout, do it.

Donā€™t let your dreams be dreams

@raffi and @denzuko, are you going to be around today?

I never claimed the layout was perfect. You have to provide something better if you want me to amend it though.

Never thought you were implying it was perfect. Just being pragmatic and asking the hard questions.

I will but Iā€™ll be busy actually doing stuff for the committee. I donā€™t have time to defend my proposal to people who havenā€™t provided an alternative.

Only ask the hard questions if you have better answers.

Canā€™t. On call duty this week so stuck on triple shifts.

@Raffi and @Denzuko, the reason I asked if youā€™d be around today is to go into the space physically and see what we can see without dragging this out on Talk. It would go quicker in person IMHO

2 Likes

Iā€™ve already done that. Bring me a full alternative if you donā€™t like my plan. Iā€™m serious about that. I will consider it honestly and take ideas from it if I think theyā€™re useful.

Thereā€™s a reason why the space is a do-ocracy.

1 Like

@Raffi, Iā€™m not complaining about your plan. Iā€™m saying letā€™s go move our arms around in the space or something LOL. If the screens are big enough, you donā€™t need to face the teacher.

Chill, Iā€™m not attacking, ok?

The reason itā€™s a do-ocracy is so that things get done instead of just planned forever.

@raffi youā€™re right, itā€™s a do-ocracy. Iā€™m offering another set of eyes later today. Do you want that?

1 Like

Yes. Take a look, if itā€™s too cramped, make an alternate plan. Iā€™m serious about that.

Itā€™s a fair request.

Not when Kevin and I have literally been in there to take measurements and design a layout already. But I will oblige since Iā€™ll already be there for philosophy. I have to take the chairs out, which should only take 20-30 minutes. Iā€™ll get there around 5:30. Does 6 work?