Items Missing from ELab

A tethering system was tried about 2 (?) years ago. Did not work/end well.
Comments, problems, etc were posted out here.
Tag systems have been discussed.
At this point I favor a good video system and posting the guilty here.
Serves as a warning to others.
Does need regular users of the ELab to be observant and note when things are missing.

1 Like

Sigh.

The painting was finished on Friday, 2/1. I walked 102 Saturday around 1:00 and didn’t see any heat gun. Where in 102 did you see it?

I really hope it was there for painting because if not, then I still have a problem with people and strange things continuing to show up in 102 despite my efforts to stop them. I’ll ask the person who did the painting.

0 Likes

Heat gun was not over next door.
It was taken to automotive.
Interesting how it was missing for ~3 days - but was not seen there while missing from ELab.
Have frames from video of the guilty.
Getting ready to post along w/ warning.

3 Likes

Thank you. Sorry it went walkabout but you don’t know how relieved I am that it wasn’t in 102.

0 Likes

Is it too soon to install cameras over there?

0 Likes

3D Fab Noir​​​​​

It’s too early if we care whether they get destroyed during construction.

0 Likes

How about a sign-out sheet for members to indicate what they take and where in DMS they are working. Of course it has to be clear the sign-out is only for other locations within DMS and not off-site. This would be for expensive or major items and when an item is going to be out for more than a few minutes.

0 Likes

Honest folks do sign out/sign in.
Video is currently the best deterrent.
After the move we may consider some kind of rfid to time mark the video.
Interesting observation - the items that are still missing were not stolen to be resold.
Guessing they’re sitting on someone’s home workbench.

0 Likes

I was just referring to honest folks who use tools in other areas and forget to put them back.

0 Likes

Also there’s the folks that are in a hurry.

0 Likes