Items left in metal shop - will be scrapped if no one comes forward

There are several items left in the metal shop in various places that are going to be scrapped if no one comes to claim them as part of a project. Some were on the welding table, some were left in the vapor hone.

Overall to me these look like scrap and trash; given that they were left out with various tools and/or in a place scrap is usually not left, I am putting out a notice to ensure that I don’t toss someone’s project without at least a warning.

Left in front of the committee / teaching shelves:

Left by the table by the vice; had a bunch of grinders sitting next to it (grinders plural… come on people):

Left on the welding table:

left inside the vapor hone:

Let me know if any of this belongs to someone or knows who left it; I will save them for last to be taken to the recycle.

Regards,
-Jim

3 Likes

Thank you for checking before just throwing away potential crucial pieces of a project (or trash :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Mea culpa: I left that metal piece inside the vapor hone (water blaster). It is scrap from the bin that we were using to prop up flat pieces to make them easier to pick up while wearing the gloves.

It can be tossed, and sorry for not doing so when we were done. If it is still there this evening I’ll take care of it.

6 Likes

The motor there is in decent shape except the controller for it has failed. It was an over-engineered blower motor for the PlasmaCAM.

I had discussed with Chuck taking it home and trying to wire up a new controller to it (since I think it’s a 3HP nice motor) but I haven’t gotten around to it, so if anyone else wants it take it. @andrewboerder want another controller project?

If not, I don’t have a problem with you trashing it or putting it on the exchange shelf.

Ben put that on the welding table Tuesday afternoon.

any idea why it’s been sitting there?

No idea. @malcolmputer was setting up to weld when he placed it there. I don’t know his motive.

He didn’t talk to me, just set it on the table Tuesday evening and walked off.