Items by Loading Dock

Hey folks,

if these items are yours I expect them to be gone by Sunday when we offsite, or they will be removed from the premises.

8 Likes

This will also be offsited if it’s still on the black cart tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Wondering why my car wouldn’t start this morning. That’s were I left that. :wink:

5 Likes

That cabinet is an item for @Team_Infrastructure ; I had been PMing some people on where to put it but I guess PMs may still be a problem.

@StanSimmons where do you want it? When Kris and I couldn’t get a hold of you I was advised to leave it tucked in that corner until you said otherwise.

1 Like

Stan said he never accepted the donation, and it was unwanted.

Please never leave any donations at the Makerspace without consent from a Committee Chair.

1 Like

Sorry Jim, That beast is just too big. We have 4 smaller footprint, but taller racks that will eat up all the space we have allocated for racks. I thought I had told you that. Sorry

No worries; we had discussed a lot of hardware and honestly I didn’t have the notes for this guy. Since it was either DMS or scrap, and we couldn’t get a hold of you, I was advised to leave it in the corner until I heard back.

I’ll be at the space in 30 or so to toss it in the pickup.

2 Likes

Who advised you to do this?

2 Likes

I think Kris did. :blankspace:

1 Like

yeah was on the advice of Kris.

I had a lot of gear coming out of a facility, some of which was desired for donation and some of which was not. The cabinet wasn’t clear in my notes as to where it was going, and since it was going to either be donated or scrapped immediately Kris advised me to set it aside for Stan to look at and confirm.

I’ve already hauled it back off.

-Jim

4 Likes

My bad. Unfortunately this kind of problem happens in the small hours when I am unable to call and confirm if things are wanted. I’ll be sure to stay out of any decisions to drop off things at 3 a.m. from this point forward. My apologies to all involved in the mixup.

4 Likes

Thanks for considering DMS and for moving it. In the future, committee chairs handle donations of equipment. There are a few exceptions like vehicles and donations requiring legal agreements where the board needs to get involved.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Donations

2 Likes

There actually had already been a talk with the committee chair, this items
was just mistakenly on the list of hardware being accepted. It was not the
only item dropped off that night.

-Jim

3 Likes

Thank you for providing a link to the rules. The wiki is hard enough to search so that’s very helpful.

3 Likes