Dallas Makerspace IT Career Lab Instructor – Part-Time Volunteer Position
Location: Carrolton, TX
Dallas Makerspace, a growing nonprofit agency specializing in the innovative education and training programs, seeks a dynamic instructor with a track record of success to teach classes in Cisco, Docker, Linux, and related DevOps certifications for its Computer based STEM educational committee, VCC.
Certifications offered in this class include: CompTIA A+, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Linux+ and AutoCAD. The qualified candidate possesses experience in curriculum development, methodology, content, and delivery of interactive, facilitation-based training utilizing multiple teaching platforms including classroom, web-based platform, hands-on, and self-directed instruction.
Skills and Qualifications :
- Expert knowledge of either the Cisco Academy and its curriculum, including Networking, Routing, Switching, and LAN/WAN Technologies, CompTIA Academy and its curriculum, including Linux, Information Security, and IT Technologies, Programming, Adobe Suite, and/or AutoCAD
- Minimum 2 years experience in course development, instruction, and facilitation of training for adults and young adults.
- Technical training experience, technical certification and proven track record in presenting technical information to diverse audiences.
- Proven, prior success with high student passage rates for certification exams.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate blended learning training models (i.e. classroom, web-based instructor lead; web-based self-directed);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Polished, professional presentation abilities;
- Demonstrates active listening and ability to build rapport with diverse learners;
- High creativity and flexibility;
- Self-starter who can work and make decisions with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with consistent reliable follow-through.
Experience and Education:
- Post-secondary degree and other certifications; both in related fields
- 1-2+ years of teaching experience
- Instructor preferable hold certifications in the related course material and/or hold an certification of instruction for the related governing body
- Prior experience working in Information Technology and/or Drafting and Design
Job Type: Volunteer