Issue: Plasmacam: Consumables and Windows

As part of the class tonight, I disassembled the torch consumables and noted that the nozzle was not wearing evenly but proceeded to use it. When it did not cut well I reduced speed from 135 to 120 and then bumped power from 50 to 60 without success. Mounted my consumables, restored original settings and all was fine. A teachable moment for the class.

Do we have parts available to instructors? I always have my own and do not mind using them when needed but it would have been nice to be able to leave the torch working well. What is the criteria for replacing consumables?

An issue for which there may not be a solution is when I powered the PC on, it went into a Microsoft upgrade cycle of 40 minutes or more. Seemed like forever…

The larger monitor is great!!!

Yes we have consumables put up for that use & so they don’t get over used. Generally when you notice that it isn’t doing a good job then it’s time to replace them.

1 Like

Yes, that machine is very slow. Longer term we could use an upgraded unit but we can also set it to update automatically overnight and hopefully avoid the bad timing! I’ll do that when I fool with the defaults this weekend.