Issue: Plasmacam config for 1/2" steel probably overwritten

I probably overwrote the 1/2" steel config on Plasmacam. You have my sincere apologies.

A couple of the Path Conversion parameters had been changed and caused a bit of problem for the class on Monday night. I was trying to define a config for the class to avoid this.

There has previously been talk of allowing our own configs. There is a settings.cfg file in the Plasmacam directory. When I did a save, its timestamp was updated. Notepad shows that it includes the readable names of the configs as well as many non ASCII bytes. Is it feasible to allow each person to supply their own? What happens if this file is not found? Would the application supply the real defaults? There are several things I would like to try but I don’t maintain this so I will just throw out the questions?

I’ll try and find some time to see if I can make it work now that I have admin access. Thanks for the reminder!

@jphelps - Here is a spreadsheet of config tabs that I put together but did not clean up. Parameters were what I found at the time so they are questionable. I’ll clean it up this week and you are welcome to it if you wish. I pass around a hard copy and tell where to find it when i teach Plasmacam. When complete I would like it to find a home on the Wiki.

http://www.pamplin.com/dms/config_sheet.xls

2 Likes

I see speed is somewhat slow for both 1/8" & 3/16, providing the consumables are in good condition. For 1/8 I use about 150-180 depending on wear. 3/16 I have used anywhere from 50-80. Really not a big deal.