ISO very small part

I was told to try this forum to see if anyone could help me out. I need a few (maybe 6) of these made in clear plastic. They’re so small that other people I’ve asked can’t do it. I can pay and can ship one to you to copy. If anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks.

-Connor

1 Like

Here’s another photo.

1 Like

You could probably print them out of resin pretty easily.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance but I don’t have any knowledge or equipment for this kind of stuff. That’s why I was trying to see if anyone could make something for me.

Looks like an LED light pipe… Maybe they can be cast in resin or colored epoxy?

2 Likes

The point of the makerspace is to learn and do. If you want to learn to do these things you’re in the right place.

If you’re looking more for a job shop, there’s a lot of people around who want to learn and do and probably wouldn’t mind being paid to learn lol so you’re probably in the right place anyway.

1 Like

I mean, they posted in MakerTrade, so they’re in the right place either way.

2 Likes

they said they would pay for someone to do it

I have a transparent blue resin not green, does it need to be green?

1 Like

He said clear in the post. I assumed that meant colorless?

1 Like

Yes I need just clear transparent. It’s a part on my trucks AC controls, I’m converting everything to blue LED so I wanted a clear piece so that the light would shine through good. Not a super important thing but I was hoping to get some for me and a friend of mine if they weren’t too expensive.

1 Like

I forgot I did get clear resin as well. I can probably help you. Send me an email and we can figure out the details. It seems easy enough to whip up in cad and print.

Email: [email protected]

It won’t be completely clear it will be translucent like a lighr diffuser, I can spray it with polyurethane and make it somewhat clear-er.

3 Likes

Making a one-sided silicone mold and pouring degassed clear resin would probably work. This starter casting kit:

With some clear resin:

Should work. If you want to go the low/free cost way: making a silicone mold from silicone caulk and cornstarch, then filling with 5 or 15 minute epoxy (the latter dries clearer) would probably also work. Here’s a how-to:

The latter approach will likely have many small bubbles in the resulting part, but those might act as diffusers for the light so not necessarily a bad thing.

4 Likes

I appreciate Fusion 360 so much for this stuff. I’m printing it for him now.

6 Likes