ISO: Dewalt TSTAK Foam Liner Cut File

(Laser seems the best category to ask?)

I’ve searched on Instructables and a few other forums, but no luck…kind of surising, actually. So, does anyone here have a laser-cutter-ready file that mimics these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-TSTAK-Foam-Insert-for-TSTAK-Stackable-Tool-Storage-Organizers-DWST88801/205413375

They always seem to be out of stock at Lowes Depot at the $10 price point, and my cheap bastard policy prevents me from paying the >100% markup at Walmart or even the 50% markup on Amazon.

I realize it is (sorta) straight forward to jimmy up something on my own, but figured it would just be reinventing the wheel for something that that someone already has in their Laser cutter library.

I dunno, but there is one picture there that’s square-on enough that I could create you a DXF if you can give me one good dimension - the longest possible (the width). Take about 10 minutes.

But seriously for $15, why not just buy the one on Amazon? You’re going to spend nearly that much buying foam to laser cut anyway…

1 Like

You might be right…I’ll check.

Will do, if I decide to DIY it.

You could buy 1 and scan it on the big scanner at the space to get good dimesions, if you find foam cheap enough

The pic on Amazon is good enough to trace. Just need the width dimension, which could be measured from the container without need for the foam.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/dewalt-dwst88801?cm_mmc=Google--PRODUCTFEED--Dewalt-_-DWST88801&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInMbY1O2g7QIVkuHACh0YkwCPEAQYASABEgJ3s_D_BwE

Listed here as 16.8 x 12.1 inches of its the right part

I need an exact dimension between two defined points. Measured, not taken from a web site.

Blue line = 10 5/8" = 10.625"

Yellow line = 14 3/8" = 14.375"

Tstak

Thanks, Matt.

Be sure to factor in one or two mistakes as you try and get the settings dialed for a notoriously difficult material. Foam loves to melt and getting a straight edge on such a thick piece will be difficult. You’ll need the long throw lens for sure.

1 Like

Thanks. I had already internally agreed with MRs assessment that the $15 price point on Amazon is probably the most cost-effective approach. But I figured it couldn’t hurt to have an SVG file (or whatever), and also others might want it for future reference.

I’ll also probably try and replicate the work and see how close I come to an expert’s result.

You could measure one of your boxes. My packout Ive measured & drew it up in CAD. I did that to start working on nesting boxes.

Tim, any interest in sharing your packout drawing? I’ve started down that rabbit hole myself.