Is this person a member and do you know them?

This person caused a disturbance in Electronics and claimed to be a member; however, it appeared that he hovered around the front door and waited for someone else to let him in.

If you know this person please let myself or @artg_dms know his name.

What kind of disturbance?

Refusal to vacate room. Forced me to spend the first ten minutes of the class explaining that yes, the room was reserved on the calendar for a class. After several of us showed him the event on the calendar his answer was " I am a member and I donā€™t have to leave". He wasnā€™t even using electronics, from his computer screen it appears he was using the web to browse a dating site.

4 Likes

One of our members knows him and has promised to have a chat with him.

6 Likes

This was for your intro to multi meter class?
Is he a member?
Better be a really ā€œstrongā€ chatā€¦

edit
Guess weā€™ll have to post the policy in the ELab for the rude and clueless.

2 Likes

Yes, he is a member.

Iā€™ll pm the member info to the Chair, @artg_dms if needed.

3 Likes

Might point said member to this thread:

Why donā€™t we have a member listing with a pic, that would really help locating people?. it would also help me to put names with faces :grin:

2 Likes

Helpful?:

https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/c/off-topic/my-face

Maybe notā€¦

Thanks!<<<<<<<<<<<<<)

another self entitled ā€˜customerā€™.

4 Likes

appears he was using the web to browse a dating site.

well Iā€™m not going to put those on the black hole, way too many to bother with and well 1st amendment, net neutrality reasons should be added too. :expressionless:

Mind you, for the talk lawyers, any of this suggestion isnā€™t any passive aggressive thing towards electronics. I actually like how electronics, her members and leadership. Its just more observations on human behaviors coming from a security professional background and extensive study in both psychology behind UX and observations from Marketing.

However, considering this is the second time that Iā€™m aware of electronics has someone sneaking off into there for ā€œpersonal timeā€ related computing maybe some signs should be placed up letting people know that electronics is monitored by camera 365/24/7, that only should be used for the intended usage set forth by the governing committee and spaceā€™s membership policies. And maybe some effort made to make the room feel more open and apart of the space.

TL;DR version: the maker space is a ā€˜no squanching zoneā€™