Is there someone using the Zing laser?

Zing has been running for almost 2 hours. Nobody is at it watching the work???

1 Like

@coffeebean If there’s no one around watching the job, please use the e-stop and turn off the laser. The lasers are never to be left unattended while in operation.

@Team_Laser can someone review cams/log ins?

1 Like

Have paused it.

1 Like

Was it just stuck in that corner or something?

It was moving back and forth in the same spot. When I looked at the time on the screen, it said 1 hour and 45 minutes.

1 Like

Yes, someone was using it. I stood by waiting for them to return. Was not sure if Zing laser policy was the same as Thunder. Also didn’t know how to pause the job. Mentioned something to the person when he returned.

Shaun

2 Likes

Yes all Lasers are subject to the same usage policy. There are not a lot of reasons to pull video and identify misuse, but abandoning a job for an hour or more (or even 60 seconds) is cause for stern consequences.

2 Likes

Agreed. That’s about the only time I issued out warnings/bans from laser during my tenure as chair. Lasers, big or small, make fire that can get out of control quick and burn the place down.

I pressed the “Stop” button to pause it. 30 min later I hit the Reset button to kill it & set the piece on the side.

It was not aligned properly either, as it was rastering off the piece.

Thanks @Shaun_Dixon for talking to the person. Hopefully they settle it with laser chairs.

5 Likes

I spoke with the individual tonight. Still working it out. Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

In case it matters… I have first hand knowledge that the Zing is capable of starting a fire. If I had not been standing in front of the machine I believe a small easily extinguished fire inside the Zing would have turned into a Zing on fire.

4 Likes