Is there interest in a Twitch.tv Class?

I don’t think it was that much salt. Maybe enough for a nice ribeye.

I apologize for my r/murderedbywords post, sometimes my emotions get the best of me. I’m on medication for it, but we can always improve.

I appreciate all the cross-pollination ideas with the other departments, I’ll have to reach out to them and create a more expanded, better class. I really thank you for these ideas.

I’ll keep you updated with the successes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ew twitch. Dry. Everyone I knew who got sucked in turned into a douchebag. Keep your wits about you, don’t lose your head if you can help it.

mandarin%20terrorist%20teacher

i don’t get it

That’s okay.

In my experience, the more helpful and positive I become, the more positive an outlook I have, the more I find myself making better non-douchebag friends.

This might help you in finding people that don’t get “turned into a douchebag.”

1 Like

There’s no problem there, plenty of my friends are great people. I’m talking about the subset that got into twitch.

It changes people. All I’m saying is, never let it go to your head. Keep reality in check. Be hopeful, playful, and grateful, and never delusional or narcissistic.

Speculation.

Also, not true, this person was never successful, expected me to support him unconditionally, did not treat me well.

You don’t need to confabulate this. I’m not attacking you unless you think I am. Do what makes you happy as long as your head remains out of your ass.

edit: I understand it was possible that the person I specifically knew suffered from a personality disorder that tainted my opinion of twitch streamers. However, I also understand that people who suffer from these disorders are more attracted to the platform of twitch. Just be self aware is all I’m advising.

Mj Dailey. I posted an interest check on the Dallas Makerspace forums. This means that I am posting on the forums (which I’ll never do again) to ask “are you interested in this class? yes or no.”

The specific question was:
“Does anyone want a weekly class where I go over streaming hardware / setting up your twitch software / twitch business strategies / advertising / networking / identifying your twitch brand and niche / etc?”

That’s a yes or no question. Your answer was not “no.” Your answer started with “Ew Twitch.” Then you went on to explain past experiences you had.

If you’re not interested, why are you posting in an interest check?

You raise a fair point. I went on a tangent. Sorry to upset you.

I don’t want to be a naysayer who pisses on parades. I just wanted to briefly express my contempt for the medium in three short sentences. Your follow-up advice appeared backhanded. I was prepared to leave on a short open-ended note before you played devil’s advocate for the delusional bad apples of twitch. The past experiences explained were in response to this, because these cases involved ego boosts with only perceived fame.

So stop acting like this is some altercation between us. I’m just throwing out my two cents that anyone is susceptible to developing a narcissistic personality regardless of follower-count, and that it’s imperative to keep yourself in check. I said nothing bad about you, or anyone who might be interested in learning from you. This is solely for the benefit for anyone interested in twitch.

this could be said about any medium with a follower count. This was really not the appropriate place for this.

That particular medium is dry and boring. I don’t think the conversation that happened after my initial post was really necessary

Your initial post was not necessary. It’s only intent was to turn people away from showing interest in this potential class.

That’s not true, it’s only intent was to express my own contempt. Don’t let that dissuade you. Look, can we just come off it already? I’m sick to death of talking about it.

I will repeat myself. Again.

This is an interest check thread. This is not a Twitch discussion.

Your opinion and advice on the platform is not needed nor wanted in this interest check thread.

Your opinion and advice on the platform is not needed nor wanted in this interest check thread.

This thread is for guaging interest hence why it was posted in the interest check section.

“I just wanted to briefly express my contempt for the medium in three short sentences” does not belong in an interest check thread. You’re looking for a discussion thread.

“I’m just throwing out my two cents that anyone is susceptible to developing a narcissistic personality regardless of follower-count, and that it’s imperative to keep yourself in check.” does not belong in an interest check thread. You’re looking for a discussion thread.

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS “Does anyone want a weekly class where I go over streaming hardware / setting up your twitch software / twitch business strategies / advertising / networking / identifying your twitch brand and niche / etc?”

Does your response - “Ew twitch. Dry. Everyone I knew who got sucked in turned into a douchebag. Keep your wits about you, don’t lose your head if you can help it.” answer the question?

No. It does not. Why are you here? All of your posts belong in a discussion thread not an interest check thread.

Please answer the original question, or stop responding. Thank you.

PS - “I’m sick to death of talking about it.”continues to talk about it

Then why did you also continue to talk about it? Stop. I also don’t appreciate your condescension right now, cut that shit out.

Please tell me what you are doing in an interest check thread when you’ve made 8 posts that don’t answer whether or not you are interested in the class.

My initial post answered that question quite well. All of my other posts have been in response to someone. Clearly I could have phrased it in a way that didn’t put you on the defensive. It was not meant to put anyone here on the defensive. Now can we just move on

“Ew twitch. Dry. Everyone I knew who got sucked in turned into a douchebag.” - mjdailey7’s first response.

1 Like

Exactly. Now you know I’m disinterested, and you forgot to mention “Keep your wits about you, don’t lose your head if you can help it.” It’s well-intentioned advice. I just want those who are interested to be self-aware. My discontent is for the medium, not for any of you.

But this isn’t a discussion thread, so why are we discussing this still?

It was an interest check. Not a disinterest with comments intended to sway others away from it check.

We all know you are not interested please feel free to move on to a topic that you do have an interest in.