Is there a rotisserie-like turner at the space?

I was debating doing one of those tumbler projects sealed in epoxy. They recommended using a rotisserie turner to get an even dry on the epoxy. I was curious if the maker space already has something similar and if I have to get signed off on it? (And if so, what I have to do!)

Best
Meg :hugs:

I’m not sure where it is now, but I distinctly remember seeing one in the room next to the computer area for months.

Edit: And I want to say it holds 4

1 Like

Not sure that belonged to DMS :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering if I should tag … um… Steve. Crazy leprechaun Steve. I’m not familiar with all the stuff owned by the resin section, but I was thinking that rotisserie confabulation was owned/cobbled together by the folks that were running it at the time.

1 Like

@Lordrook “Steve”?

3 Likes

The one that was in stored improperly in the wet classroom was tagged as such and the lady who owned it promptly quit because she couldn’t keep it at the space.

6 Likes

That’s the one :point_up:

1 Like

Welp, looks like I’m making chicken this week :woman_shrugging:t3:

@Lordrook borrowed one from a fellow member for his brief foray into the craft. And pretty much said “been there, done that, BLEEECCH!” Afterwards.

Resin does not own a rotisserie doodad and won’t as far as I know. The process is beyond messy (@Edenblue is still finding pink glitter in crannies at her house) and ties up table space for an extended time.

Many sellers on Etsy sell them and instructions are available online to make your own, most likely.

2 Likes

I mean I’m not sure I’m that crazy, but I do resemble a large leprechaun. I still need to work on that green suit…

@mhatzi I did indeed borrow one, and made about 10 tumblers and will agree, its extremely messy and about half the time the tumbler would fall off the rotisserie in the middle of the night and I would awake to a tumbler glued to my piece of “drip catching cardboard”. after many hours sanding and starting over, I can totally see why the tumblers go for $50-100. Its not a hobby I would recommend, but if you really want to give it a shot, there are plenty of easy DIY tutorials online on making your own rotisserie.

1 Like

I’m taking my rotisserie and going home?

1 Like

Well, it did look like her purpose in being here was having the room to keep that sucker running nearly constantly.

Yeah! I might just repurpose a stepper motor. I wanted to do a black and gold marble-like tumbler for my favorite sports team. :blush:

1 Like

I believe I saw one to buy at either Hobby Lobby or Michaels the other day!

1 Like