Is the dye sub printer fixed yet? -- Yes! 6/1/2022

I know last week the sublimation printer was down. I was curious if it had been fixed yet, I might try to stop in after work tomorrow.

The thread reporting it has not yet been marked as “resolved” by Carey, making me think it has NOT been repaired as of this moment.
https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/dye-sub-printer-down-notice-3-7-2022/87992

No, it is still down. I’m trying, but having little luck getting it working again. PM me if you need me to print some transfers for you.

Hi Cary. Is the dye sub printer working? I was going to do some work today, but then I remembered this thread and thought I should double-check before driving in.

Thank you.

No, the error it is giving appears to be unrecoverable. We will be having a CA committee meeting later this month to elect a leader, and be voting about replacing the the printer. I believe the intent is to have the meeting on April 20th, but it hasn’t hit the calendar yet.

Thank you for letting me know, and that’s too bad about the printer. Glad I checked before heading in. :slight_smile:

Is there a plan in place to get a replacement?

I think we may just to bump @CaryF300 a bit. It is here… but one never knows how crazy someone else’s life is.

That is understandable. Life is crazy all the time for me :joy:

The new dye sub printer is installed and ready for use!

If you are already certified to use the old dye sub printer, then you can use the new dye sub printer. The new printer is the Sawgrass SG1000. You still print through the Sawgrass Print Manager, just like you used to. New labels will be on it by next Monday. It is still logo side up on the paper tray, and logo side back on the bypass tray.

2 Likes