Is anyone interested?

I just found this for sale on a thrift store in Plano and I think that this might be of your interest…

How hard is it to get something out?

Fill it with Arduino, Raspberry Pi and the like if it is not too easy.

Which thrift store? Know it’s current operating state?

St. Vincent de Paul Thrift store in Plano… the lady said that the claw worked once and they replaced it but honestly IDK

Crane machines are fairly common at the arcade auctions that happen in Lewisville every few months. Some allow for adjustment of the claw strength or to allow successful grab based on percentages. Generally they do not sell for too much at auction.

Looks like they are now asking $200 (marked down from $400). How does that price compare to selling for “not […] much” at auction?

They have gone from everything from $5 just to get rid of it for older junky machines so the owner did not have to haul it home to several hundred for a newer and working claw machine that has more features like the option of play until you win something or more control on the claw strength and the payout percentages.

The next local arcade auction will be December 8th in Lewisville at the Premier Event Center at I-35E and 121 Business.
https://www.americanamusementauctions.com/calendar.htm

1 Like

Sorry to miss lead you here… I mistakenly said St.Vincent the Paul and that’s incorrect… its the Support your Troops Thrift Store… they are pretty close one to the other… sorry about that!