Introduction to Electronics Room

I´m new and keep trying to get started building,
but I need an introduction to the electronics space.

I´m hoping someone´s willing to set up a class in the next five days

3 Likes

I too have been looking for an “Intro to Electronics Room” type class. Where equipment is, components available/cost, best practices, etc.

3 Likes

WELCOME!! I see you just joined. Its always good to see new members want to jump in and Make things.

It is important to know that all classes and other DMS operations are handled by volunteers and that is when they are able to commit time and effort. You are not likely to get someone to do a class within a week for a couple of reasons. Teachers can receive a $50.00 honorarium if they meet a few criteria which includes submitting the class ten days out and having at least three attendees. Also, we have very limited classrooms now and its hard to schedule a room in much less than three weeks.

But there is another way to understand the ELab. There will often be someone in the room that might be able to answer your questions. Also, if you reply with your specific interests and availability below someone may be able to meet you and answer your questions.

• When are you available to meet?
  • What specific tools or instruments are you interested in?
  • Do you know how to use the tools or instruments or do you need training?
  • Do you have a specific project you are working on?

I’ll also take this opportunity to plug Arduino classes that @NickWebb and I are offering.

5 Likes