Intrest in bead rolling, tipping & louvers

I have an inexpensive bead roller that I would not mind donating to the metal shop. However it is an Eastwood roller, I’d like to use the guts to create another better bead roller that’s motorized. It’s a pain to hand crank. We would need to get a motor, also any other dies that are not standard, like the tipping dies or the louver dies. I think we could make some fantastic stuff. Like tipping flames on some panels or creating an outline.

8 Likes

With English Wheel, Strecther/Shrinker, Spot Welder, Shear, and Brake this will round out sheet metal capability.

2 Likes

I never even knew that this machine existed. I’m quite intrigued.

Yeah there is a lot of neat stuff you can do with bead rollers. Here are some examples, I did not make these, as they were randomly pulled from google images. If you search bead rolled art or panels you can get a real good idea of what can be done. Also with the addition of the English wheel we can also emboss panels too.

5 Likes

You jerks led me into yootube hell…

neat-o daddy-o!

6 Likes

Lazze makes pretty good videos, albeit he can be difficult to understand.

2 Likes

This one can be done easily with the Plasma Cam to create the shape and the English Wheel to emboss into the metal. @mreynolds how cool will this be for the new SIG for making armor and things.

4 Likes

I am very excited to see what the group can do! With that kind of pretty steel, I want to make an english medieval helm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You could also do Bra$$.