INteresting lathe project

Ooooo I love the blue resin bowl!

1 Like

book pagesā€¦that sounds awesome!..there is a lathe basics class Friday evening, and I am going to schedule another for the 11th or 12thā€¦soā€¦if we arrange for a off-schedule training, do you have a skill and time to trade? Focused on 1 person, I feel pretty sure I could convey the basics in an hour.

I would love to take the Lathe Basics class this week, but Iā€™ve already signed up for the 3 part pottery class thatā€™s at the same time. Unfortunately, I donā€™t really have a skill to offerā€¦ Iā€™m still learning a lot and am new to the whole woodworking world. Depending on how I do with the Lathe, I could gift you one of my first resin projects as a thank you? Or I can teach you to cook/bake something? That counts as a skill, right? Haha.

1 Like

I have seen this done and it looked great. We have a member who did construction paper of alternating colors. Iā€™m out for a few weeks but happy to help when I return. I believe we met already.

1 Like

Lol :slight_smile: - keep an eye on the calendar in about 72 hours - class on the 12th
(a.m.) should show up. In the meantime, Iā€™m usually up there at least 1
weekend day - but not this weekend. Sometimes, if my schedule permits, Iā€™ll
get a couple of hours there on a weekday night. If it works out, Iā€™m happy
to help get you trained.

1 Like

Matt, let me know and Iā€™d like to help. Not sure yet about whether I want to do a project of my own, however, I have a lot of the pencils. I bought them when Walmart had a end of school supplies sale.

1 Like

Has there been a bowl-turning course recently? The lathe basics class I took did not cover gouging out / bowl-turning .

Thatā€™s perfect! Iā€™ll keep an eye out for the class. Thank you!!

That would be great. By then Iā€™ll have (hopefully) taken the Lathe Basics class. I met you at the Woodshop cleanup right?

Please consider using a respirator if you will be generating a bunch of graphite dust, especially since I donā€™t remember the lathes having dust collection.

1 Like