Interested in Sewing Basics

Hello! I am needing to sew some large cushions and am looking for a sewing basics class. I have used a sewing machine before, but it has been 15 years or so. My project has a deadline of 12/18 (YIKES!).
Help is appreciated! :slight_smile:
-Kate

1 Like

I believe Beth has sewing office hours on Tuesdays, Astrud just gave me a refresher, so could meet you up there to go over it also.

Yes I saw the office hours but I’m afraid I may need more than “minor assistance” :stuck_out_tongue:
I may be able to be there tonight, I’ll have to double check my schedule!
Thank you!

Not every Tuesday – just the one on the Calendar. I’m not sure how busy Office Hours is going to be. This will be the first one, and either everybody who has questions is going to mob the place, or it’ll be me and the crickets.

So – one Office Hours a month, and I am looking for feedback about timing.

3 Likes

If I wasn’t going to be out of town, I’d totally be there. I have a ton of questions and things I want advice on or learn how to do. I’ll definitely come to either the January or February hours.

1 Like

I mostly just need to show that I know how to load a sewing machine. I’ve got two items completely sewn I can show. Can i just send video or something?

Tuesday isn’t good for you?

Actually, I should probably mention that Office Hours is – drop in during the time period when you can. I’m expecting to show any individual a few things, and they can either work or move along.

2 Likes

Just dropping this here, because I was looking through this thread for the info and didn’t find…
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16182
Thank you, Beth for doing this!

2 Likes

yes thank you beth! I will respond to the inbox. I just got done moving my apartment during finals week. Life happens all at once!