Interested in Learning Dynatorch (CNC Plasma Cutting)

Hello Coffeebean,

Love your project with the tree frog! Do you know when the next dynatorch class is or who I can talk to about a class being offer soon?

Thanks

Andy

2 Likes

Hello,
What about the CNC Plasma cutter in the metal shop? I haven’t seen any classes for this one. Who can I talk to about when the next class will be?

Thanks

Andy

Our @Team_Metal_Shop and the @Team_CNC_Plasma_Inst, too, may be helpful in answering this.

I would be willing to teach one on one if @hon1nbo says it is okay.

I need more teachers; let me know when so I or another instructor can try and shadow if possible.

@abenagh will still need the hot process safety. There are a couple people currently teaching that.

If all else fails, as a reminder to everyone since metal has historically been low on teachers I make a commitment that if you can show up for our committee meeting and help clean, I will stay and teach whomever anything in the room that I can until everyone is taken care of. Meetings are on the first saturday of every month from around noon until 5pm.

2 Likes

The reason i dont want to teach a class, is because you do the on the spot training during clean up…that is much easier than trying to set up a class and trying to fit everyone’s schedule. As for shadowing…how can we do that? If @abenagh gets the hot process safety done, can you shadow me teaching him?

1 Like

If y’all get the times set, I can run him through Hot Process Safety 1-on-1 right before. Probably. If it’s not in the morning.

2 Likes

Could I possibly piggyback on this?
Not a member yet but I’m trying to tour this area while I’m in town this week (leaving Dallas Wednesday evening)

1 Like

I looked up your previous post and answered it there. In large part, because this is for training (and not likely to get matched up until after Wednesday), and tours are generally a different thing.

Ah ok thanks!

If y’all can get this coordinated by this Thursday or Friday I can stick around to start my membership and piggyback on this. If it’s longer than that I’ll need to do something on a different schedule though