Interest in Photoshop or other Adobe program classes?

I’m a graphic designer and illustrator new to the makerspace. Anyone interested in some classes on how to use Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign?

Before I moved to Texas, I taught an introductory Photoshop class at a community college in Oklahoma City.

9 Likes

I would be interested in learning to draw using photoshop, I currently use Sketchbook Pro and it’s just not as powerful it seems.

Yes. If you could even cover just Lightroom that would be great.

We have many tools that use vector inputs (lasers, vinyl cutter, PlasmaCam, Shapeoko just to name a few). I think you would find much interest in being able to use the various programs to draw, and then to generate vector paths for using those tools. There are also some number of people who are using either Inkscape (free!) but would get much more capability from another program.

For my vote, I am a competent Photoshop driver, but would particularly benefit from being able to use Illustrator.

2 Likes

I love learning more about Photoshop. The problem is that it’s nearly impossible to put together a class with the current way the machines are arranged that have the software. Also, yes to more vector classes. My trial and error learning has been frustrating.

Is there a chance you could use your training to do intro classes with a free version of something where folks could work from their own devices? Also, if you combined training with a start to finish project (holiday cards, etc.) I think you’d have a great turn out.

Welcome, btw. I’m not actually a member right now, but I’ll likely be back when I’m in Dallas.

I would love to take a class about this. Just let us know when it is going on and I would love to join in.

I second @John_Marlow. I know I have interest in exactly what was stated.

I would be interested as well.

I have a good working knowledge of the Adobe tools but am definitely interested in filling some holes and bettering my workflow in them.