Interest in etching tumblers?

Of late i have been etching those ozark trail / Yeti stainless tumblers for a few friends and @uglyknees has insisted that i should hold a class for it.

Would anyone be interested in learning etching with the sandblaster?

This would include using the vinyl cutter, masking, and the actual sandblasting.

I will supply tumblers for folks to work on and keep, so there will be a small cost to the class.

Mark

6 Likes

Count me in - but as always it just depends on the date and time with me.
Punching potential teachers in the arm works!

2 Likes

I guess i should of stated that the class would be an evening or weekend class.

Sorry daytimers and midnight makers, i have a 9-5 to do

1 Like

I would be, but would attendees need to be cleared on the vinyl cutter and sandblaster first?

No “clearance” req’d on the sandblaster…

If you’re trained in using the vinyl cutter great, otherwise don’t worry about it. i’ll get it cut ahead of time

1 Like

Very interested. Really like how yours have turned out!

I’m interested in a class

I’ve been wanting to do this with a laser, but the rotary attachment is not ready yet so this would be great.

I’m in! Timing is flexible.

@mreynolds I would love to take the class :slight_smile: count me in

Depending on date, I’d love to attend!

Yes, please!

Crap. Now I finally have a flimsy exercise to learn the vinyl cutter. Badbadbad

1 Like

Popular! FYI we will be getting in new vinyl to help with this endeavor. It’s supposed to have higher adhesion.

2 Likes

Would this be something that people would benefit from? It’s $40

Thats kinda nifty! I guess we could bring it up at the CA meeting

Very! Wow. Ok I will start on a lesson plan and get the ball rolling. I will post a heads up before i get it added to the calendar.

Thanks all!

3 Likes

We’re going to need some more vinyl cutter classes.

I’m in! I saw Mark doing this, told some friends about it, and they seemed interested in these gift ideas!

1 Like

@mreynolds I’ll call around and see if we can bulk order for the first class at least.

1 Like