I’m considering putting together a Raspberry Pi class, but I’d like to know what people are interested in. We could
- start at the beginning (setting up a Raspberry Pi)
- setup a Pi as a (lightweight) desktop (like we have in the DMS common area)
- jump into software based projects (programming the Pi / would need to decide what language(s) goals people would want to learn)
- learn to interface with the “real” world (GPIO basics with a simple breakout board)
- Interfacing GPIO with Node Red (graphical, event-driven workflows)
- other thoughts people are interested in?
@artg_dms has some Pi’s in the DMS Electronics inventory, so the thought would be we’d have all the materials for the class, but then the parts stay here after the class (you get to keep the skills and experience gained, and we could include saving the software part of your work).
Thoughts and feedback are welcome!!