INTEREST: Die Protection Clinic

Die Protection Clinic
You can make die crashes a thing of the past…

Using a down-to-earth approach, we cover every aspect of die protection and sensor selection for progressive, transfer, and compound dies. Whether you’re an experienced die protection user or have never installed a sensor, the clinic will provide you with the information that you need to improve your stamping operation and put an end to repetitive die crashes.

The Die Protection Clinic’s ultra-practical, application-oriented curriculum gives you the knowledge you need to start protecting your dies right away; even if you’ve never used sensors or die protection controls.

1 Like

Are you planning on offering classes at Dallas Makerspace? If so, can you provide some details about them, please? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Lisa

Yes I am actually. I don’t know if I am well versed enough to teach the class yet myself but my uncle whom I work for teaches this class regularly to our manufacturing customers and I’ve attended it several times. He would most likely be the one teaching.

For this class we have
PowerPoint Presentation
Paperwork Handouts
Some demo fixtures we could bring… etc.

This point is just a feeler to gauge interest.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

Here’s a link to a little more information about teaching at the Space:
https://dallasmakerspace.org/teach/
:dms:

1 Like

Great ill check this out!

1 Like

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m ignorant enough of what you’re offering that I don’t know what those terms mean. I could search on the interwebs them like the good autodidact I wish I were, but I wonder, if your intended audience might include the total ignoramus like myself, you might like to provide a brief glossary of terms.
I’ve so far gathered from context we are talking about dies for stamping metal (or maybe plastics). After that, I’m fairly well lost.

It sounds like it might be of interest for folks interested in the technology, regardless of how it’s applied, as well.

Welcome to DMS!

4 Likes

Hi Jast

What I am talking about here is how to incorporate sensors in tools (stamping dies in particular), that can trigger an event
to do something(usually stop a machine). This is vital in situations where you are maybe feeding a coil strip into a stamping press and the material mis feeds or buckles. Without said sensor, that press is going to come down and crash the die(tool) sending metal in all different ways damaging the tool and sometimes even injuring operators.

Perhaps though b4 we got there a simple sheet metal stamping 101 would be better suit. I’ll be visiting the space soon to see how we can serve them best. :slight_smile: Thanks for the welcome

2 Likes

Would this be like a die for stamping a jewelry design
in? or like a pancake die for stamping metal shapes out?