Interest check...small metals/finishing classes

I will talk with jewelry to see if they want to fund it but for the sake of an interest check expect that the classes will need a fee of about $30-$50 to cover the cost of all the materials we will use. Some of the higher end techniques like enameling, lost wax, or cloissionne could be as high as $75 if a corporate sponsor can’t be found. Classes would be a start to finish project.

If you are interested please indicate when would be a good fit for you to have these. I know that fee structure is higher than the DMS norm so I thought I’d feel the waters first

I can’t tell if you have in mind teaching techniques vs. a project via those specific techniques. I suspect that if this will result in a specific project, people would be more amenable to the fees.

1 Like

Start to finish project using those techniques

1 Like

I’d pretty much be up for anything that would improve my jewelry skills within reasonable cost and time. I’d have to wait to see the cost of the course and what specifically would be taught before I’d commit to taking a class in that price range.

Understood. I was informed DMS has enameling powders so on that at least we can probably reduce the cost dramatically on that one. The main thing is that any surplus from my classes has to stay on campus so I don’t have much in the way of bits and baubles to do classes with. Its also possible to do it as a BYOS class where you can pre-order a kit or just come to watch/use your own stash

1 Like

I am also willing to bring my enamels for the class to use/ I have quite few
powders both transparent and opaque, a lot of small frit and I might have a few
miliefiore flowers

1 Like