Interest Check: Leather Dopp Kit Project before Father's Day

I’m lining up a Leather Project class for early June and I was thinking that a Dopp Kit might be a good project just in time for Father’s Day. The class will be limited to 5, and have a fee around $20-$25. The fee is purely based on the cost of leather. I can get extremely good prices on quality leather, and I’ll try to get the fee to be lower if I can.

We can make this in one session over 2-3 hours the first or second week in June about 630 pm during the week sometime.

If you’re interested, and that fee sounds reasonable please reply. If I get at least 3 commitments I’ll post the class.

Something like this. The leather will be different of course.

8 Likes

I’m interested for sure.

Normal caveat of depending on my schedule.

2 Likes

Same.
Same.

1 Like

Interested!! :slight_smile:

Count me in! ->1234567890<- required extra characters…

I’m in!! This looks like a fun project. :slight_smile:

Me too!

plus maximum number of characters of [now deleted] fake latin:

Rock and or Roll, I’m down with making one or two of these. If the class happens, I would like to make one in class and then also purchase the materials for another one to make on my own.

This is tough on mobile

1 Like

Oh…good point. Was just trying to fight the man!

I would love to make one for my son who is headed off to college in the fall.

1 Like

Well that is more than enough interest. I’ll go pick out some leather, get a final material cost, and pick a date. If need be I can schedule a couple dates if there is more interest.

3 Likes

With the exception of the zipper, would reversing the seam to the outside for saddle stitching be feasible?

I’m going to jump at almost any leather class. I can’t commit right now, but it’s more than likely that I will be trying to sign up.

I’m not sure what you’re asking? when we make these, we will be saddle stitching them inside out. Then when we’re done stitching them, we’ll flip them right side out. that’s how we get the seams on the inside.

I’m curious if you can saddle stitch it right side out and not invert it.

In order to show the stitches? There are a couple of ways to do that. Not with this particular pattern though.

1 Like

I’d be very interested in any class on this that is after Memorial Day or this summer (I would be fine stepping back for folks wanting for Father’s Day since I just wanna make for hubby later)

2 Likes

I will definitely sign up to take this class if you offer it! Thanks!

1 Like

If/when this class is scheduled, will you reply to this thread? It will notify all of us that initially showed interest without having to stalk the calendar.

Woot.

1 Like