Interest check for Leathercraft Project classes Dec26-Dec30

I’m on vacation during the Christmas break, and I’d like to run some classes week of Dec 26 - Dec 30 if there is interest.

I’m open to project ideas, and times except in the evening Tues-Thur.

Any project that requires dyeing (except the flower) is best done multisession so the dye sets properly.

Who’s interested and in what?

Bifold Card Wallet (2 hrs)

• Cutting Leather
  • Using a groover
  • Punching Diamond Holes for Stitching
  • Saddle Stitching
  • Burnishing

Field Notes Cover with Pen Slot (2 hrs)

• Cutting Leather
  • Using a groover
  • Saddle Stitching

Bring Your Own Notebook Cover (2 hrs)

• Cutting Leather
  • Using a groover
  • Saddle Stitching
  • Does not include tooling, the photo is for reference only.

Leather Flowers (2 hrs)

• Cutting Leather
  • Beveling
  • Tooling (kind of, not really, a little)
  • Dyeing
  • Finishing
  • Riveting

4 Likes

+1 For the Bring Your Own Notebook Cover …

I’d be interested in any of the projects other than the leather flowers. Taking some time off that week too so any time would be good.

Once you know how to measure, a cover is a cover is a cover right??! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about a slip cover, where a little sewing is required?

Pictures aren’t showing up - I’m not sure if that’s for everyone or just me

Pictures are showing up fine for me.

Pics are not showing up for me either

Here are the uploaded images in case you can’t see the ones hosted on Imgur.

Jorge: I may have missed it…did you schedule any of these classes?

I am interested in either book project, but ultimately, whichever project teaches the most techniques would be most beneficial imo, for me anyway.

1 Like

i do like the idea of a business card holder (dunno if the wallet could be re-purposed for something like that)

Field notes journal but it depends on the time with me.

Not yet, I’m gauging interest at the moment. It will be the week of the 26th though.

1 Like

The bifold is actually a business card holder, but I use it as a slim wallet.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be best to start with field notes covers. They can be done quickly, with any kind of leather really, inexpensive, are practical, and readily available. Look for the classes to post in the next couple days if approved.

2 Likes

A vote for bring your own notebook
Another for flower

@Webdevel you should post that video of the flower showing the skills taught in it. When it originally came up way back, I was lukewarm priority-wise on it until I saw the video and saw the skills learned and the cool construction. Now I want it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is the aforementioned time lapse video. This was part of a gift for a friend, hence the music.

4 Likes

Class will be for field notes cover on December 26th from 10-2. It should show up on the calendar this Sunday if it’s not rejected. There are 5 spots due to tools and space. If it fills and there are more people wanting to take it I’ll open another class.

2 Likes

i’m seeing it on Jan 21st?