Interest Check for classes

Hello Fellow Makers,

I am finally feeling the urge to teach some classes and wanted to check in and see what folks might be interested in. Please take a look at the below list of items and let me know if anyone is interested. The more votes a topic gets then that’s what I will focus on. And If I didn’t list something below, but you’ve seen me teach something in the past and want to see that again let me know!

Making a leather dice cup (optional to have some tooling in there if anyone wants to learn that)
2 part- Make a resin pen blank, then make it into a pen.
Making a polyhedral dice pen
2 part- Make a bandsaw box
Making a Corian resin ring on the lathe

5 Likes

Bandsaw box out of these options.

1 Like

You can certainly request more than one, preference will likely just affect the order and frequency in which they get taught.

1 Like

Making a leather dice cup

1 Like

bandsaw box i missed last time you did that class
leather dice cup

1 Like

All of them! Glad you’re going to be teaching again!

3 Likes

Bandsaw box. Possibly the leather dice cup.

1 Like

Can definitely vouch 100% for any class that @Lordrook teaches. I’ve taken his classes and taught classes alongside him, and he is wonderful on any subject covered. 11/10 - would work with him anytime.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed your band saw box class when you last taught it. Would love to see it come back, as well as the ring class

1 Like

I’m with Paul!

I’ll take any class you teach! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:
Miss soaking up all your cool knowledge and coming away with awesome stuff. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The ring is something I’m interested in. And I think I still have my pen blank that I never made into a pen…and the pen I tried to make…I exploded. So I could use some expert guidance there, too. :wink:

And I need supervision and vision in the wood shop…the box would be cool.

Yay!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m fairly positive @TinkerPunk would sign up for a couple of these

1 Like

Corian rings and Resin blanks/pens

1 Like

Resin ring!

2 Likes

Leather dice cup would be cool but I would absolutely be interested in tooling leather. Like SUUUUPER interested.

I’d also be interested in the dice pen. But mostly how to have dice with holes that big in them lol, so I can use them for other projects.

2 Likes

Hmmm … Could the resin ring have an RFID chip in it?

When I made my rfid ring I used the small grain of rice for implantation. Could be embedded in a mold, but doesn’t have enough strength for all the doors.

1 Like

I honestly couldn’t say. We would be using Corian countertop samples as the ring material. If you made the ring thick enough, you could potentially hollow out a part on the inside and glue it in, but I’m not 100% on that.

1 Like

My thoughts with the dice cup class are to have folks who just want the cup to finish and head out when they are done, but the folks who would like to learn basic tooling can stick around and we get the fundamentals in.

If all you wanted to learn is how to get some decent holes drilled into dice then I can also just show you that as a one off. assuming you don’t really want or need the pen.

1 Like

Bandsaw box and ring.

1 Like