Interest Check - Finishing 3D Prints Class

I wanted to see if there would be some interest in a class that goes over different ways to finish 3D printed parts for props, cosplay, jewelry, etc. I’m by no means a master at it, but I feel confident in my abilities to teach a class to introduce people to basic ways to make their 3D prints go from being cool to looking like real manufactured or handmade items.

It’s mostly just an idea I had since I just joined and wanted to give back to DMS somehow!

Updated to put it in the Interest Check category

4 Likes

Interested in this class

Would be interested in this class as well.

Anyone else? I’m trying to get enough to have a class lol

I’m interested in this class

I’d like a class for this as well

If the scheduling works out, I’d definitely be interested. Please post here if you create the class.

I don’t actually know the process for creating a class but I registered it on the calendar, I think either it’s waiting for approval or I’m completely wrong and I’m wasting someone’s time who has to look at my thing and just remove it because I didn’t go through the proper steps.

Just for a vague idea of my level of skill, here is a piece I just finished today.

1 Like

Here is some information about that.
There are links in there with MORE information, too, including a walkthrough of class creation. You can use it to double-check your steps, and then you will know more about the status of your course…

1 Like

Thanks! I did everything according to that, and haven’t been rejected yet, so hopefully sometime tomorrow it will show up on the calendar. I scheduled it for the 1st at 7pm in the Lecture Hall.

1 Like

The class is up! Hope to see y’all there!

Registered for the class