[Interest Check] Do we have any day makers who are interested in Creative Arts classes?

I’m able to be up there in the afternoons, and I’d be willing to teach CA related day maker classes, but I want to be sure of how many people are interested before I put anything on the calendar.

Please respond on the poll below:

• Yes
  • Yes on a certain day (comment below)
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I know @bethaboo1225 would possibly do some, but I think she’s only available in the early am.

The early AM? My nemesis! :rofl:

3 Likes

Just saying out loud. There’s some folks who work afternoons-evenings and don’t get off till after all the evening classes are over.

2 Likes

We are often traveling on weekends so I’m only available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I’m not much of an early morning person either.

1 Like

I could do things in the afternoons. I get off work at 3pm and am five minutes from DMS, so things starting later afternoon like 3:30 onwards would be doable

2 Likes

Midnight Makers was started to help people on second shift attend. Day Maker classes I’ve taught have been better attended than my Midnight Maker classes and are pretty much second shift members so I try to have class over by 1:30PM or 2:00PM.

Day Maker classes also have more retirees at them. Mine have usually started at 10:00AM so that traffic has died down and even if 3.5 hours (Machining classes) they are done by 1:30PM

3 Likes

I am willing to do some afternoon day maker classes, jewelry, clay or sewing or other CA Candles in jar anyone

Yeah, classes I could take during the day would need to be over by 1:30p because I work 2:30p-10:30p. After work works for me too as I’m a night owl but I understand most people can’t function so late.

2 Likes

Any chance we will see a knitting class at Makerspace in the future?

1 Like

Re knitting class

I can’t speak to daymaker classes, but in general, you can come to a Fiberholic Fiberfrolic (some Tuesday evenings, 7-9pm, occasional other days). We sometimes have a dedicated knitting class when there’s enough interest. But if not, at the fiberfrolics, we can help you one-on-one.

Fiberfrolics are the fiberarts group personal project work night, come hang out, socialize, get help, learn something new, get training on a tool, etc.

If you’re on fb, we primarily communicate there in our group, Dallas Makerspace Fiberholics. Or you can always message me here on talk (I coordinate the fiberarts group).

If Tuesday evenings don’t work, we occasionally meet other days, and some of our folks are at the space other times and can coordinate then to help you. Post in the fb group or message me and we’ll see what we can do

We’re having a fiberfrolic TODAY (tues, sept18) from 7-9pm in creative arts. Stop by, meet folks, and we can help get you started knitting. We have needles/yarn in the room or bring your own

Here’s link to register for current fiberfrolic and more info.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/7594