Interest Check -- Animatronics Sig

I think that works for me

Very interested, 11th sounds good!

1 Like

I approached them about this several years ago (Stan Winston). At the time it was not cheap, and their pricing plans didn’t mesh well with our membership structure.

I’m not saying it isn’t worth looking into again, but I would doubt their position has changed all that much. I brought up their classes more for individuals to be aware of the research to acquire on their own if so desired.

Ok, I already have these courses in my personal account that I could throw up on the projector to watch:

Animatronics Design Basics

How to Make Animatronic Characters- Organic Mechanics

How to Make an Eye Mechanism - Design, 3d Printing, & Assembly

I’ll edit in links to the website pages after I get off work if people want to check out the samples for the vids listed.

3 Likes

My personal interest would be to make things for Halloween: things that pop-up, move, coffins opening and something sitting up. Would really like to make a dragon that roars, opens mouth, and CO2 comes out with flashing red, orange, yellow lights making it light up. A skeletal hand that extends holding candy for them to take. (And pulls back for old kids)

3 Likes

All great ideas and stuff I’d be interested in doing as well.

My 2 cents, a group project that betters the Space in one way or another while we collectively learn and then break into specialized projects.

2 Likes

Yeah I wanna build stuff better than the crap and Spirit Halloween and the like.

1 Like

Duct tape and hubba bubba would get the job done then.

I’ve got a few end goal projects in mind I want to work up to.

There are tons of good YouTube channels for Halloween prop stuff. I personally follow Van Oaks Props, but they’re a bit more on finishes and construction than wiring and electronics. Lots of choices, just gotta look around.

1 Like