Inkle Looms/Kits For Sale?

Continuing the discussion from Fiberarts general update:

There was discussion back when @wandrson worked up the inkle looms about making loom kits for beginners and/or “web store” purchases.
Did that get any traction?
Been abandoned?
Other?

I believe we have 3 left in the CA room
@kyrithia would know the specifics

2 Likes

That wound up being a very successful project, we taught class, many folks bought kits, we retained several finished inkle looms for Fiberarts future classes that live permanently in the room in the hot pink crate on top of the Fiberarts cabinet next to the spinning wheel in the corner of the creative arts room.

The classroom ones are also fine to use for for when you’re at the space. Since it can’t leave the space, and you can’t tie up equipment long, we have a way you can take your project on/off if you won’t be finishing that session. Just ask.

Thread for inkle weaving is in white trash can inside lower left of cabinet. Suggestion donation is $1-4 depending on width/length of warp. Fill out envelope and pay the ca box near the door.

If you wanna learn how to use one, come to a Fiberfrolic night (every few weeks) or catch someone (@missydee1206 is around a lot). [edit: wait, never mind, not her, but there’s others…just coordinate with the Fiberholics group and we’ll get you going]

There’s also one in the pink bin that I warped up if you just wanna weave on for a little bit for a taste. We will be having another inkle class soon (next month or two) but unsure if it will be beginner (not positive we have enough folks for a class at the same time, if not, do one-on-one at Fiberfrolic) or we will do an intermediate technique class for all those that learned basics and want next step. Probably either Baltic Pickup or Andean Pebble-weave.

KITS: there are still four kits available for purchase ($10). I need to cut pegs though. Or I can knock off a buck if you wanna get your own dowel and do it. Lemme know if you’re interested and I can bag up all the bits for you and put with the loom body in the cabinet and you can pick it up any time and pay hungry CA Tribute maw near the door :slight_smile: or come on a Tuesday night and can hook you up then.

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about inkle weaving, and have too many other projects going to pick up a new skill, but would be happy to attempt to share my other skills (knit, basic crochet, spinning, carding/fiber prep)

1 Like

Ah, didn’t know that you were inkle-skill deprived. You KNOW what that means. Muahaha! :slight_smile:

(Editing above comment to take bullseye off you) :smiley:

You KNOW I have projects to finish, right? The fiberholics are gonna mutiny against your enabling ways one of these days!

1 Like

innocent look Enabling? Moi? :slight_smile: See, you NEED to know how to make inkle bands because you can totally control-freak awesome straps and handles and such to go with your projects. Or sew them together for larger pieces. Annnnd it’s extremely low learning curve, about like that lucet or kumihimo. You play with it once, you have the basics for awesomeness on tap. Just sayin’ :smiley:

Woman! I have like 11 Fiber WIPs. STAHHHHHHPPPPPPPPP!!!

1 Like

Back to the kits… Curiosity got the best of me and I checked out some YouTube videos on inkle loom weaving. It looks like something my grandsons and I could do easily, and I can see us enjoying it. On that note, I would like to purchase one of the kits, please. Thanks Bunches!!! :grinning:

I’ll earmark one for you and gather up the bits. I’m there on Tuesday evenings. Like I mentioned, I need to cut a dowel for the pegs, or if you wanna do it (and get it sooner) I can knock off a buck and you can do that part. Your preference?

1 Like

Awesome ~ Thanks!

I don’t mind waiting if you already have dowels available to cut. I’m in no rush.

Thanks again!
:slight_smile:

I’ll get some and cut this weekend. I needed a nudge to do it for the others anyway. Unless crap happens, will have on Tuesday. :slight_smile:

So you dooooo know you ought come by this Tuesday to the Fiberfrolic (open project night, Fiberarts Enablement Vortex) and let us show you how it works. I have one pre-warped so you can weave on it a bit and I can explain the warping and how to measure to make heddles for it. Come on in, the water’s fine. (Muahaha)

1 Like

Thanks and Thanks! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I bought an inkle loom kit…it’s assembled and looking for a home. Will trade for 1 Dr Pepper. I won’t use it again, just PM me.

3 Likes

@kyrithia… Thanks again for being willing to hook me up with an inkle loom; but, I went ahead and grabbed the opportunity to trade a Dr Pepper for the one that @bitta had that needed a new home.

If my grandsons end up liking it enough to want one at their place, the first place I will look to get one will be at the 'Space. I am hoping to be at the 'Space tomorrow and will come by and check out the Fiberholics group tomorrow (Tuesday). Once I get the hang of using it, I will show the kiddos and will leave it up to them whether they want their own or not.

Thanks again to both you and Bitta! :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome, that was a great deal :smiley: thanks for the update. And yes, stop by Tuesday at Fiberholics for a run through.

1 Like

Yes, Lisa, come get enabled! (cue evil laughter)

2 Likes

Hi, do you still have any of the kits left? If so I would love to buy one.

2 Likes

Yes, but I still need to cut pegs (been sick) or you get dowel and do yourself. I’ll be at DMS next tues unless I’m still sick with The Plague and can put a kit together for you. I may can do pegs this weekend if I can talk hubby into a Home Depot run :slight_smile:

Anyway, gimme your name to put on the bag and I can leave it in the fiber cabinet (for you to pick up whenever you’re there) when I’m there Tuesday (barring caveat above) and then you can feed $10 to CA Tribute box near door (put Fiberarts on envelope)

Do you need help learning to use it or do you already know how?

If I’m there tues I can hang around after class (9pm) if you want a quick lesson. Or for full immersion, come to next Fiberfrolic and we’ll get you going.

We can cut the dowels if you tell us long they need to be. But I live in Ohio and was hoping you could send it to me, I will pay shipping also. Please let me know if this is possible. I can not find one anywhere here in Ohio.
Thanks for getting back to me so soon.

1 Like