Info help with engine swap tomorrow?

Note if you (or anyone else using the automotive work area on or off the lift) must go ANYWHERE and leave the vehicle inside - you must leave your phone number on the vehicle(i.e. written on a piece of paper and placed VISIBLY on the vehicle or behind a window so that you can be contacted).

(this usually isn’t a problem, but there was a Subaru that was on the lift with no owner anywhere in site - so leaving the vehicle unattended with no way to contact you will not work for the Automotive dept)

@Team_Moderators can you merge these 2 threads?

They are both talking about the same project and info is being double posted.

1 Like

No problem we’ve been working outside most of the time to make others can use the space although I may be new I fell in love with this place the moment I stepped in (My background is in IT But just needed to do car repairs when I joined) I have the up most respect for this establishment and making sure I keep everything clean and tidy

4 Likes

MJ has been most excellent.

4 Likes

You are asking the right questions, which is anything you’re not sure of - bravo! As Nick said, there are a few things we are worry warts about, good that asked so they don’t become problems.

Wished more folks, new or old did this.

3 Likes

I met “MJ” & some of her friends when leaving the Space last night - nice folks and a welcome addition to the Space.

7 Likes

How is the swap going?

It seems from the discussion I had with them last night / very early this morning, that some of their “help” or other “influences” were not positive.

I will be at the Space later tonight & offered a hand, along with the other things I have to do.

5 Likes

Hey Tom I’m here at the space but I’m gonna be running out to grab the tool I rented from AutoZone and pick up cat litter since I used not all but a good portion of it cleaning up my mess so if I’m not there I’ll be back shortly

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing the cat litter and getting Pizza tonight!

Thanks also to Matt, Dillon, Alan, Steven for the entertaining help in removing the drivetrain without incident…and to Stan for helping push the car in and back out again…

Maryjane, thanks for wiping off the tools and putting them back where they belong and cleaning up after the car work.

11 Likes

Please don’t store things on carts. Pallets are available so others can continue to use the cart. Thanks!

1 Like