Ineffective email pitches

What’s the worst (non-pr0n, please) email pitch you’ve seen in your inbox?

As a business owner, I get cold-call email pitches all the time. Occasionally I even read them. While I understand that email is effectively nearly free to send, I wonder about the effectiveness of these pitches when they are riddled with grammar errors (in green), punctuation errors (in blue) and capitalization errors (in red).

3 Likes

Always amusing whenever some lame spearphishing attempt gets through the filters.

Pls see attached whitepaper re: emerging opportunities to exploit converged telecommunications platforms

Attachment: Whitepaper.pdf.vbs

Nope. All the nope. Forward to security and otherwise purge from my machine.

1 Like

You don’t consider “#1st” a grammatical error? These always make me laugh, as I hit the delete key.

2 Likes

I used to correct them and send them back but nobody ever thanked me so I stopped. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Actually, those guys are very effective at what they do. They’ve helped make my own website the NUMBER ONE search result on both Google and Bing.

For more information, just click this link to download this executable file that will solve all your problems:
downloadfile.exe

No. I don’t get any of those emails to my small business.

It’s one of the perks of using a security product I sell for a day job…

1 Like

The irony of this one is rich.

Supposedly from the CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (from the From: line; their all caps, not mine):

1 Like

True, but when commenting on spelling/grammatical errors on the Internet, one should always strive introduce anothar one to the conversation.

2 Likes

Where can I get a $16.8M ATM Card? Really would like one of those!

2 Likes

Lately the worst ones have been a bunch of MLM moms hawking their goods with COVID as a sales pitch, or worse. The people who train them must have some truly heartless material.

One particularly tacky one was inviting me to buy from an online children’s book party. I reminded her we suffered a loss and adoption isn’t going well so kids books are a thing I’d love to never be contacted about again. “You can buy some in memorial! Think about all the live kids this could help…” :thinking: …the thing is that response was at the ready so I’m almost certain there’s a flowchart somewhere for it because she’s not that good of a salesperson

Second place goes to a nutritional supplement salesman who posted his shakes will keep you from catching the virus and people who die just didn’t have enough tasty peanut butter cup shakes

1 Like

I want to smack the book person. And the PB shakes guy makes me want to laugh.

1 Like

Similarly, has anyone else been getting random SPAM texts over the past couple weeks?

I know I’ve had multiple from different numbers.

Send a message to 7726 and they’ll reply with instructions.