Indoor Gardening Class for Non-Members

Hello!

I have a friend who is considering joining DMS, although hasn’t visited yet, and is also really into plants. She’s super bummed the Indoor Gardening class is for members only, and I think it would really help convince her to join! Any chance of opening this one up or putting up another class that’s open to non-members?

2 Likes

Hey I just messaged Kyle and asked. He said he would open it up. He’s also a new member and this is his first time putting up classes.

1 Like

So awesome! Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Class should be open to all members and non members.

We will be covering a lot of information quickly and might if interested spin this into other classes like hydroponics lightning etc. This is a good starter class for those that are interested but even those that are really into gardening you will learn something.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing an event for indoor gardening, has it been posted or did I just miss it? I have been interested in indoor gardens, might be a great nudge to get me started. Let me know if I need to look again, all I saw remotely close might’ve been a class on mushrooms…?

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/15000

2 Likes

Couldn’t have been any clearer, thanks!

2 Likes

Sooo it still says open to DMS members only, it’s not a huge deal but my friend continues to ask about it because she really wants to go :joy: I signed up for it a while ago and can send her in my place if need be!

@Team_Calendar is this something you can address?

Removed member only requirement. For some reason it’s starting at 2:04, what time @Kylemeinert should it start

1 Like

Should be 2 apologies for the chaos I’m newer.

1 Like

Nope, you get two thumbs up for engaging and offering to help others learn.

:+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi, could you set the limit for this class at around the room size? I would really like to advertise this class outside of DMS to hopefully generate some interest in DMS and possibly recruit some new members. I don’t want to promote it and have too many people show up and be disorganized. (not sure i would get that much extra interest but I prefer to be prepared).

Could you do the same for his beekeeping class as well? I should be there to help him get set up if he needs it.

Assuming @Kylemeinert is fine with that?

Any idea what the size of the room for the lecture hall?

I am fine if someone can set it for me.

I think Freddy estimated 30.

Room guide here
https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rooms_Guide_page

1 Like

Oh oops I should probably tag someone able to fix it. I don’t think we can change the attendance limit.

@Team_Education @Team_Calendar

Thanks! I really appreciate it. I want to see “how this class goes” and we can go from there. I have a lot more knowledge on other topics related to horticultural sciences that are more focused.

Looks like a great class! I would be signed up but I’m already taking another class that day. Alcohol Ink Workshop is the same time/day. :frowning: