In need of certification, help, or guidance

Hello, my name is Jax and I am an architecture student. I have a big assignment due date coming up. I am familiar with laser cutting and 3D printing. I really need access to a laser cutter next week, our digital fab lab is closed next week due to spring break. I was directed here to ask if someone could get me certified and get a tour since it is a time sensitive matter. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have not paid the membership fee Yet but can as soon as I know that things can work out, and even if they don’t work out I would eventually get a membership. This is a cool thing!

looks like there is laser training on saturday you can sign up for to get certified

1 Like

After you become a member of course. You can take training but not use the equipment until you are a member and certified to use the equipment.

Sorry totally new to this, is there a link or place I can look for a sign up?

Oh yeah just head over to https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/

1 Like

Membership link.

https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/accounts/index.php?rp=/store/membership-pricing

We hope you stay but you can quit anytime. Youll find people willing to help in almost any endeavor, people with tremendous knowlege and skill and people who will soon become great friends. DMS is a place like no other in DFW.

Welcome!

2 Likes

You must go to UTD? My son mentioned the same issue.

I already signed up as soon as someone said that there’s training this Saturday. Thank you.

I go to UTA, so close haha.

1 Like

Okay one last question. I’ve gotten an account here and an account that got the membership neither account is working when I attempted to register for the event. Do I need a third account of some sort? You’ve been really helpful. I appreciate it.

We are having an issue with account creation. Send an email to [email protected] and they will get you sorted.

1 Like

Oh no! I got an email saying it could be three days before they get back to me and the certification is in the morning.

For future reference it’s usually cool to show up on a class that is full because a lot of times there will be a no-show who’s spot you can take. It actually saves the instructor’s butt sometimes since they actually need 3 people to show up in order to get their reward for teaching. If they can’t accommodate you, then you are always free to watch and listen which will help you when you do actually get to take the class. Worst case you can always show up there and hang out in the laser area. If it’s for a one time project, most people there would be more than willing to help you out.

1 Like

Thanks for the help all! We’re going to get @Jaxtimusprime set up tomorrow.

1 Like