Improving Recordings for DMS Classes

Backstory: I’ve been making audio (and some video) recordings in DMS classes from my iPhone for a while now, mostly for personal reference. I’m just using a free app and my phone (no external mic), so the quality isn’t great. I’d love to get higher quality recordings so worth sharing, but with minimal additional time / $$$.

Questions:

1. Can anyone recommend any tools on site that I could use? any device that would improve upon a phone or laptop mic would be a step up. It may be that resources here are too sophisticated for my purposes, which raises my 2nd questions?

2. Any hardware (or software) recommendations that wouldn’t break the bank?

Thanks!

There is an OpenCast setup in the Lecture Hall.

@mrhavens Mark is the member to ask about it.

This setup is technically functional, but suffers from a bug that could cause it to crash under certain conditions. The bug was reported and is now available, but it hasn’t been deployed to our OpenCast setup yet.

If you’re interested in helping work on it, reach out and I’ll walk you through the software stack. You can also just hunt me down when I’m at the Space, usually on Tuesday, Wednesday, and sometimes other random nights during the week.

Great! I’ll reach out soon. Thanks