Important Note for Multicam Users

I can help. (At least I think I can help. I’ll let you know in about 30 minutes.)

These are the groups that appear to be MultiCam related…

SAMAccountName                           Description
--------------                           -----------
Woodshop Multicam CNC Router             Qualified on the Multicam CNC Router
VCarve Users                             Users automatically licensed for VCarve
VCarve Admins                            Users with rights to modify the tooling and VCarve settings

These are the remaining Woodshop related groups…

SAMAccountName                           Description
--------------                           -----------
Woodshop Router Basics                   Qualified for non-CNC Router
Woodshop Committee Chair
Woodshop Basics                          Approved for  Woodshop Use
Woodshop Lathe Basics                    Approved for Wood Lathe
Woodshop Admins
Woodshop Advanced Spindle Turning 1
Woodshop Advanced Spindle Turning 2
Woodshop 1                               Safety, Miter and Panel Saw
Woodshop 2                               Milling Tools
Woodshop 3                               Shaping Tools
Woodshop 4                               Bandsaw and Drill Press

Are members of VCarve Users the ones who have taken the class?

Are members of Woodshop Multicam CNC Router the ones who have tested out?

I would assume you are right. In any event, what I need is the smaller one of the two. There are apparently a lot of folk who take the class but never complete the test. Hope this list comes with email addresses. Whole purpose is to reach non-Talk users.

Per the various requests above, I pinned the videos globally. I had to create a new post to do that.

It’s pinned globally for one week. After that, if someone reminds me, I can pin it to the top of Woodshop for awhile. I could pin it instead to the top of MultiCam SIG permanently.

That is correct. VCarve is needed to prepare a project for the test.

@Kentamanos’ account does not have an email address. But he’s also a “User” instead of a “Member”. (Whatever that means.)

There is also no email address for Danielle Burbidge.

Huh. There are 12 people with Woodshop Multicam CNC Router but not VCarve Users.

The Woodshop Multicam CNC Router tab (first) has the data of interest. The other tabs are essentially trivia. The samid uniquely identifies the person, fn is the first name. ln is the last name. email is … well … you get the idea.

@bertberaht, please send me your email address via (personal) message so I can share the sheet with you.

My email is my avatar + @gmail.com.

It is worth noting that the VCarve Users AD group was strictly a way to get around VCarve licensing issues via GPO’s. This allowed those people to run VCarve. I don’t know if that is still needed or not with the Makerspace Edition etc.

Access to the machine itself was handled with physical keys. An attempt was made at the time to get people who had tested out (and had keys) into the AD group for access control. There is no guarantee that 100% of those people were actually put into that AD group (although anyone who wasn’t hasn’t used the machine in a LONG time).