I'm ready for thanksgiving

My traditional turkey(ish) dinner.

8 Likes

I remember when as a kid and it was uber cool because it meant eating on a TV TRAY in front of the TV. I still vividly remember the library paste mashed potatoes! Have it with a glass of Tang and you could fantasize about being in astronaut training.

10 Likes

My dad still has our set of TV trays. Wow, totally takes me back.

2 Likes

That was long before the “nutrition nazis” crawled out from under their various rocks … the good old days!
Library paste?
The children were the “remote” for the TV channel change for how many channels?

3 Likes

My default for the past 10 years or so now is going to Humperdinks for dinner. Great tasting food, can get it to go or eat in (free seconds on eat in usually), and no mess to clean up. Plus usually not too crowded so I can claim an entire booth to go though all of the Black Friday ads to plan the method of attack that evening and the next day… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Dude, you need to get out more!
Just sayin. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That is the key! But I do like leftovers - for example spaghetti the day after is better than the day before - can the scientists answer that one ?

4 Likes

You’re hungrier and that’s your only option thus skewing you your perception?

1 Like

I was all excited about the Pringles Thanksgiving Dinner ~ until I learned it is only available to media outlets and “influencers”… :sob:

http://investor.kelloggs.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2017/11-16-2017-130205919

2 Likes

Spaghetti is better later because the spices “open up” meaning deeper and more complex flavors.

My Mom’s spaghetti sauce was the same way. Good the first night. BETTER the 2nd night.

5 Likes

PPersonally, I have decided that cranberry sauce is the minimum thanksgiving food, followed by dressing.

2 Likes

So far, I have turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, fruit salad, veggie tray, cranberry spicy sauce over cream cheese, mashed potatoes, and dumplings planned. Also pie.

I like to do a bunch of snacks so if dinner takes longer it’s not as big of a deal. When I do bigger gatherings, I also make corn dip, queso, and buy fancy salsa (I could make it but yeah lazy).

Any traditional things you guys make?

1 Like

Always asked to bring the green bean casserole. My wife really hated the smell of it, I kinda liked the dish itself. My cousins always brought a white hominy dish that was amazing.

1 Like

Yeah I just blanch green beans. I like them a bit crisp, but I’m probably going to do that another day to fancy up leftovers.

Between Christmas and Thanksgiving we, at sister’s home, alternate between Turkey and Prime Rib. This year it’s Prime Rib, they are thankful that I always pay for it! (size is limited by width of oven)

Brother-in-law roasts it, makes Yorkshire pudding, various forms of potatoes, several different fruit pies (great baker), sister usually has several recipes to try from magazines for salads and side dishes, yet to experience anything less than good. We ALWAYS have Hawaiian Sweet rolls, don’t mess with proven technology. Leftovers to come home with are great!

I only wish my sister invited more vegetarians to join us.

I get off easy just kicking in a couple hundred for the meat.

3 Likes

I’ve considered doing that for Christmas. I love Yorkshire pudding and almost never make it.

@nicksilva, being the Machine Shop Chairperson, might appreciate the “Thanksgiving in a Machine Shop”. Kind of extreme opening the cranberry can with a plasma cutter!

4 Likes

Everybody is ready except the Turkey.

Turkey Day

4 Likes

Happy day, you turkeys!!!

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes