Im looking for these or Do you know what these are?

Im trying to find these fittings. they look like they might belong to something else? or reused in this fashion?
any help would be great.

I spent a 5 or so minutes Googling and browsing through Images; didn’t find anything like this, really. (surprising?!)

I know you didn’t specifically ask, so apologies in advance if following is unwelecome: these would be dead simple to make wouldn’t they…especially out of wood? (I am assuming from your red circle you are primarily interested in the supports/brackets.)

They may be custom or some crazy new old discontinued stock. It seems the guy that built the shelves is named Robert True Ogden. He seems to be known for lamp making using European antique parts and he also casts parts from antiques as well.

Article about shelves:
http://blog.loveadorned.com/?tag=robert-true-ogden

They look like cast iron.

1 Like

I’m thinking they are bases (likely to hold casters) for something like antique clothes racks.

yea exactly… i did a ton of research too and contacted the guy in the video below, but no answer yet…

If I model these out and 3d print can someone help me cast a whole bunch??? how would that work? lol

look what I found!!!

3 Likes

You could CNC them out of pink foam board and do “lost-foam” casting of them with aluminum.

Molding and casting could be as simple as dipping the foam pieces (with foam “sprue” attached) into drywall mud compound, letting it dry, embedding them in a bucket full of sand, and pouring in the molten metal. You can get way fancier of course.

To get you started down the rabbit hole:

1 Like