If I provide material and finished cad file anybody willing to machine it for $$$$

Yea that’d be great to have a reference, and absolutely I’d love to have that if you still have it, and what’d you use that blast chamvber for haha! Yea that’s why I was like I don’t really need high durability cause it’s just going to be purely aesthetic,
But in the model on the very outside of the center piece there a thin rim that goes around it which will be a gear that’ll turn the rack and pinions and I was just going to do a wheel handle on the opposite side offset from center that connectors to a shaft with a helical gear at the base, since there won’t be much load I figured I could get a way without having a central cam since there won’t be that much resistance

No it’s a micro bank vault door, for a watch winder case

Similar to that wxept I’m not putting that much effort into it cause that’s intricacy beyond what I feel like trying to accomplish

But I know this is kinda counter what’s normally done but I’m going to build the door first then have the pieces for the box made them wire the synchronous motors and mechanisms for the winder part that way if I’m unable to make the door functional I’m only out the price of the door not the whole thing so ima get the door working first before I start on the box

Also is the haas capable of doing Guilloche patterns or “engine turning”

We only have 3 axes on the Haas.

In regards to engine turning? If the software allows that ahold be 3 axis compatible, it’s just like drilling just touching the surface moving over 2 mm and repeating about a 1000 times haha

3 linear axes.

Engine turning is usually rotary. Hence the word “turning”…

He’s referring to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_turning

it’s an effect done by the patterning of the tooling. This is doable on a 3 axis.

I stand corrected.

Not the process I was thinking about.

That’s a dividing engine.

1 Like

Yeah, engine turning is a common finish on old vault doors. It’s a good look for them

1 Like