I would like to help assist with someone’s automotive project (complete novice)

I’m available most Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays, and most mornings. I just want to assist someone with their mod/restoration type project on any vehicle to get more general experience with working on cars. I’m a complete novice but I have a background in engineering, I do believe I can still be useful. Please let me know if you’re interested and we can always discuss in more detail if I would be suited to assist on your project. Thank you in advance

I may be starting an ambitious project soon but I’m not sure it would fit what you want to learn. Also, I’m in the early stages so I’m still figuring out if it will work and decide if I should attempt this at all. If you are going to be at the Makerspace some time, we can talk about it.

My friend and I are about to begin working on a semis engine, C10 truck engine swap, 69 corvette paint and brakes, rat rodding a 2014 Dodge Charger and swapping the motor with a 8.9L ISL. Plenty of projects. Well be in Ennis tho. Let me know if you’re interested because we could use the help. I am a novice as well but as long as you know your way around tools, you’ll be just fine. My friends the genius and will have all the knowledge.

It doesn’t sound like you’re free on Thursdays but we work on the DMS racecar Thursday nights at 7. It’s a good, low stakes way to get your hands dirty and hopefully learn some things.

3 Likes