I would like this cart but it's stupidly expensive - google skills needed

If there’s a group build/re-build effort I’m willing to help.

1 Like

We could use our fancy smancy break & shear to do most of this.

1 Like

Black one is 48"L x 24"W x 34"H. White one is 40"L x 26"W x 26"H…Think these would work as the bones?

2 Likes

Love it. Best form of recycling - adapt and reuse!

Wow! Thank you for posting/offering. This is a MUCH better idea! I think I like the white one better for what I’m thinking about. I’m drawing something out right now and will post in a second to see if it can be done easily.

One thing I need to look at is how the screen printing unit attaches to the table.

Ok now you guys are going to see why I teach sculpture. I don’t care about sketching pretty.

I brianstomed the most “epic” silk screen cart humanly possible and I came up with something like this for feedback. I’m thinking the white one because I think the screens I’m going to bulk order will be 20x24 (image size 17x21) which is about everything you would need for most needs. The other option is 23x31 (image size 20x28).

One side would be for silk screen storage (and possibly drying - see the area/door for a box fan) and that would be walled off with a door on the end to keep screens away from dust and possibly (light - I think this could be achieved with foam edges and some sort of latch on the door)

The other side would be utalized for all the inks/sprays. It’s shelves with a divider in the middle so we don’t loose things. The other end would have a pegboard for all the squeegees, scoop coater etc. so we could hang them somehow

Thoughts? Costs? Other ideas?

1 Like

Costs should be minimal…you could easily use something like 1/8" masonite - like 10$ for a 4x8 sheet for sides. Would probably put an mdf top on 1/2" = $25…other costs depend on what you make shelves/door out of…if all you are using door for is dust (and not light), why not use a plastic tarp that hangs down like a curtain?..my approach is usually duct tape and cardboard :slight_smile: Are you still thinking two carts or just one?

I think just one if this could work. If we needed another I believe I would go with the sams one because I think two of yours would be a huge footprint. What do you want for that white one?

PS I’m going to wait to hear back from people to see if this is doable (I’m sure this is doable)

hmmmm…dunno…maybe a beer or 2…or maybe a waiver on a CA class fee? I am happy to donate - I got a great deal on these at an auction - 3 of the white ones and the black one - $35 for all 4 is what I think I paid. Plan was to use them as rollarounds in my garage, for work surfaces…turns out my garage (or at the least the part I get to use :slight_smile: ) is way too small…will be out of town this weekend but can bring up sometime next week…

I actually don’t know if I can wave a CA class fee. This is interesting.
I can do the beer for sure.

1 Like

We damn near could fabricate almost anything to suit the needs I.e. modify. I think we could put louvers in the door or sides. I don’t recall if I have a louver attachment for my bead roller or not. It sounds like a good reason for me to buy louver wheels though.

1 Like

AHHHH! Excited.

Ideally the screen printing “rack” would be for DMS screen storage and double for speed drying screens when people are about to expose them in the exposure unit. They should be kept away from as much light as possible at that point. also…And just keep them clear of how much dust/dirt is thrown around the workshop.

Nicole -wasn’t serious…rarely drink these days (balancing out my youthful excesses) and don’t need a free class (although I just signed up for intro to leatherworking) - it really is a win for both of us - I have one less thing to move in my garage!

Side View.pdf (68.7 KB)

This is a cart that would hold 8 frames, and fit under the standing desk in CA. Simple laser cut design for 12mm baltic birch ply. I’ve had great success making finger tab boxes on the LASER. The only other materials than the ply is fans ($35) and casters (<$20). It’ll circulate air and be light tight so you can coat the frames and roll the box out of the “darkroom” immediately.

I have a ton of fans I got from Fred’s warehouse. I’m sure I can donate several to the cause. I have both the 12v and 120v versions. Just depends upon how much air we want to move. Let me know when you need them.

Not exactly sure on the CFM numbers. What’s a box fan do? I had selected two 4 11/16" fans at 125 CFM each. Do you also have filter covers? keeping dust off the wet screens is a pretty big part. I saw a bunch of used computer fans in the electronics room we could probably barter for, but they were dusty as hell and only around 30 CFM each. I’d selected 12v so a hobby style battery pack could be used to make it “wireless”.

Does that improve the chances for those of us who are lobbying to get the dye sub heat press moved to the top of its cart?

:grinning:

1 Like

Whats the website to order from?

Didn’t know there was a political disagreement over the home of the dye sublimation press. Where is it now? Where should it move to?

http://www.mpja.com/