I wanna learn to use the vinyl cutter

Is anyone able to show me how to use the vinyl cutter? I would love to learn. My schedule is pretty open starting next monday.

I’m pretty sure the vinyl cutter is a self teach tool

Unless they’ve changed it a class was required when I learned it.

@Team_Creative_Arts

It is currently still an ad sign off but we started discussing which tools really needed training in the last meeting.

1 Like

You’re right based on

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Tools#Creative_Arts_.28Crafts.29

I was assuming the silhouette was the intended tool but I see that there are several large vinyl cutters that require training.

@Team_Creative_Arts, i can teach @Hanna_Kessler if you okay it.

Go for it!

1 Like

Depending on how my schedule works out today, I’ll put on an ad-hoc Vinyl Cutter class.

I’m thinking that I’ll try to attend the Automotive committee meeting today at 2 and I have a project of my own to cut out, so I could show anyone who is interested after that meeting.

Note that my schedule is slightly up in the air still though, so please message back here or in a DM if you’re interested in learning the Vinyl Cutter. My class on it usually had 8-10 people, but as it’s in one of the smallest rooms, I’ll have to limit it. I’ve been away long enough that I’m not sure what rules we have currently for gatherings in classrooms that small, but I’m guessing that we’re OK with 3 or 4?

I have messaged her :+1:

1 Like

Well, I don’t think you could get 3-4 people other than yourself in there and stay six feet apart. I put an “occupation” limit of two on the room.

However, if you could download the software onto a laptop, you could take the vinyl cutter to a larger location. Might be easier for people to see what’s happening anyway.

Or - if you are okay with getting closer than six feet if people keep their hands to themselves (mostly) and keep masks on, carry on.