I think I messed up

I took the online class for the resin printer, and it gave me impression that the only resin that the space provides is the water soluble stuff. The small bottle of it that i found first was nearly empty, so i grabbed the second bottle that was there and added some, turns out it was white and isnt water soluble-ing now that im trying to clean it all up. I’m not really sure what to do with the mix that i made now, so i poured it back in to the empty bottle of water washable stuff and hid it in the left most big cabinet in the back, top right in the event that its still ok, even though i expect im wrong. I’ve done my best to clean everything and its not sticky so i think i’ve dont an ok job of that, but if i damaged anything please let me know, i’ll happily replace the tank filter/funnel/resin/whatever that i messed up.

Once again, I messed up, tried my best to make it as “like it was before i touched it” and now im here. Sorry @Team_3D_Fab .

11 Likes

@Spoonanator No worries! Thanks for reporting it, and the detailed description!

I’ll order some more resin (we were low anyway), and add an agenda item to either update the course or make sure we store the IPA-soluble resin in a less obvious location.

3 Likes

I’ve broken enough cars and had to explain what happened online, I think writing a long “this is everything that happened” thing is just something I do out of habit now. Lol.

1 Like

Yeh, the white stuff is left over and will not be replenished once it’s gone.

I used the printer this evening (although I used my own tank) and everything seemed just fine. I also saw that someone else was printing after I did. You did a great job of cleaning up. Thanks.

6 Likes

That’s about the best we can expect from our Members when Sh*t happens.

Thanks for reporting what happened and doing your best to undo/minimize the damage.

2 Likes