I see you guys have a sawstop!

If your cutting plastics or lasers material you can use the table saw in the plastics area… it doesn’t have a brake to trip… so if you have a question about the material you’re cutting may trip the brake?? Use that saw

Sounds like the false trigger policy is still true (as per the review option), but that is rarely the case (99+% user error, based on the quasi-statistic reported).

manythanks for all the input!.am I correct in assuming that triggers that cause clamping isn’t much of an issue…or is it??

My rfInfo from local suppliers are that anyone who has triggered it is thankful for avoiding injury, and lost-work-time, and customer complaints are uncommon.

Eric in calgary

our sawstop installation is pictured here

Found out that sawstop blades have to be +/- 1/16" of 10 " or else you cannot adjust the cartridge to the correct location

One of the sharp-shops says they repair damaged blades, but only check if the blate is flat, no mention of checking for weakened carbide tip brazing, so its been more or less decided, we ain’t gonna re-use clamped-upon blades.

both fences will slide along the guide, took a few mods to the sawstop fence, so that’s almost 7’ of usuable metal surface.

Eric in Calgary

1 Like

Congratulations on getting your saw purchased, installed, and operational.

You might want to consider setting up RFID access to limit access to those who have had the saw’s safety and materials training. The cost of an RFID access WiFi-enabled Arduino/Beagle Bone Black and associated hardware is roughly the cost of a single cartridge.

DMS uses a scan in - scan out setup. There have been several implementations. Here’s one: https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Machine_Shop_RFID

The Fort Collins Creator Hub in Colorado (where I am also a member) uses a captured RFID card/fob approach. I think this is the code they use: GitHub - fortcollinscreatorhub/ACL_Client_ESP32Rev1-IDF: ESP-IDF version of RFID reader client for Rev 1 boards

1 Like

RFID is on the agenda, all we gotta do is get our electrician to implement it!

Thanks for the info

Eric

1 Like