I need help with an esp32 project

I was wondering if there are any members that can help me learn esp32 with micro python. I’m willing to compensate for time if needed. I just have a bunch of projects and the hardware part seems easy. But the software is where my knowledge needs training.

1 Like

I’ve got a small project using the ESP32 and Micropython, so I can help with the basics (flashing Micropython, connecting to the REPL and WebREPL, running your code).

Are there any specific tasks you need help with, or are you looking more for a general intro to the platform?

1 Like

That would be great. I’m making a project box to learn it. I’m trying to use a 3.5"tft touch screen module, fpv nano cam, gyro module, nano doppler radar module, and an 18650 battery hilder with charge board. I’m using an old hard drive enclosure for a 2.5" drive. But I want a box that looks better but I dont want to break the bank.

I’m a total noob to micro python. I used to use xbasic, gwbasic, and linux (Lite use.) I need to learn connecting to the REPL and WebREPL, running your code

Cool beans! I’ll try to teach a class on it in the next few weeks. Will post back here when I get it submitted to the calendar.

1 Like

We use the ESP32 WiFi Kit to web enable device IOT in the Arduino IDE because we need real time processing of data. So far we have a Geiger Counter and Mass Flow Controller web enabled, this weekend we’ll bring a real time Scintillator online, and next is a Spectrophotometer.

Thats awesome. Im trying to make a dash cam to get familiar with the esp32. Here is a gsm esp32 I picked and a fvp nano cam (3 wire vcc, gnd, and video.) I need to add a couple of motion and sound sensor as well.

2 Likes

Just got these on Aliexpress for $4.15 ea. Bought four of them to use around the house.

2 Likes

Got the ESP32-Cam setup to test.

2 Likes

Thats awesome

Was not sure if you are still looking at micro python on ESP32 but I stumbled across this today

Yes it seemed like i could more easily make updates with microphone. Are there classes every week?

That sounds like a cool project. I have done ESP32 with standard C using the arduino IDE. Why mircro python? I do like python, but never tried it on an arduino.

My guess is that python has some cool librarys and tools which make it possible to do some cool things with an arduino?

Steve Scully

Finally mounted the ESP32CAM in my greenhouse. And it looks like I need a wide angle lens. That will be more than the $4.15 for the board itself.

2 Likes

Maybe just place a glass marble in front of the lens for a fisheye view? Fuzzy, but very cheap.

2 Likes