I am looking for help with training classes

Me and my brother are really excited to get the ball rolling with the projects we would like to make. But the training classes fill faster than we can get in them. We were wondering if it was possible for an instructor to set aside a day with us to get us released on the equipment. Woodshed 1-4 and hot works are our primary concern.

2 Likes

We would be willing to pay the instructor Or make a donation Within reason

1 Like

I know that feeling for sure. I think it took me 3 months to get signed off on all of the tools I wanted to use at DMS, and that was in the pre-COVID days.

The “sneaky” way to get signed off to use some tools in the metal shop is to show up and the committee meeting and help clean for the ~5 hours. Typically once Jim’s cleaned with you for that long he can walk you through how to use what you need and get you the safety signoff.

5 Likes

I thought about trying to pop into some of the committee meetings but they all seem to be when I work I would gladly do chores around the facility at night to trade time to get the training I would also be willing to help take some of the burden of training off whoever is doing it with some of the automotive equipment I am a very seasoned technician

1 Like

I’ll be adding a Hot Processes Safety Class as an online course for this Sunday at 2:00 PM. It may take a day or two to show up on the calendar. This is the class required for almost all (maybe ALL) of the Metal Shop. It will be for only 6 people while I get used to an online format, so if you’re interested, but this one fills up, DM me and we can figure something out.

2 Likes

It’s live: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/16064

2 Likes