Hydraulic puller?

Is there a hydraulic puller available in automotive? Or anywhere else within DMS?

Have you tried running the press backwards?

1 Like

I’m not aware of any hydraulic pullers, though to be fair, “puller” makes me think “bearing puller” and those are less-frequently hydraulic, so maybe I’m not thinking of the right thing…

What are you wanting to pull?

A stubborn rotor

Gear or bearing puller, or use the holes for the bolts that are built in to the rotor that push the rotor away from the hub when you turn them in the clockwise direction.
Or a BF Hammer.

1 Like

And do we have those bearings pullers in automotive?

Yes there is a bearing puller, and bearing splitter. It really depends what type of rotors are being cranky. BFH, slide hammer, heat, all valid approaches.

1 Like

And where exactly should they be? I could not find them yesterday

OoOooOoo locations are tricky. I haven’t used them in quite some time, so they are probably not in the same location as they were. Last I saw, they were on the shelving next to the lasers, middle-ish height towards the bay door.

We don’t really have a “home” for things so they tend to migrate.

Another option…utilize the free tool rental from a big box on your way to the space and return them.

Side note, I assume you are a member. Head over to the “Green dot access category” and fill out the template. You’ll have additional access to messaging and forums. Not particularly helpful right now, but maybe in the future.

1 Like

Gear pullers should be in green tool box last drawer

Perhaps you haven’t done enough profanity persuasion to get it off yet.
Lol

3 Likes